Thursday, February 13, 2014
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 onion, small dice
- 3 cups peas, frozen or fresh
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 recipe fresh pasta, rolled out to #4, cut into wide strips
1. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over med-hi heat. Add tofu and fry, stirring regularly, until golden brown on all sides. Add salt, ketchup, and liquid smoke and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Heat margarine in a stock pot over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5-7 mins, until softened.
3. Add peas, parsley, and stock. Bring to boil over high heat. Add pasta and tofu and cook until paste is tender. Season to taste and serve.