Monday, May 19, 2008

Udon Noodles with Peanut Sauce

I knew when I made this tonight that it would not photograph well, so sorry for the pic. But, bad pictures aside, I totally love peanut sauce. Tonight I served it simply over udon noodles (mainly because my fridge is looking pretty empty), but it is also good over jasmine rice.

INGREDIENTS
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1" piece ginger, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup plain soy milk (or light coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2-4 tbsp cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce

METHOD
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth. Heat to bubbling in a saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
2. Serve over udon noodles, or over rice.