Friday, January 11, 2008

Brownies and Strawberries

Today was a tiring day with 5 hours of meetings and 1.5 hours of lecturing. Vegan Mom made a delicious Chickpea Pot Pie, which really hit the spot. After dinner, my mind started to turn to dessert and the therapeutic properties of sugar and chocolate. I decided to go with these brownies that Isa posted on the PPK blog, and topped it off with heated strawberry jam and sliced berries. I did not have the coffee that the recipe called for (I am more of a tea drinker), so I used chocolate soy milk. I also do not have mini muffin pans, so I used regular sized muffin tins and baked them for 5 mins more. I have never had any luck with vegan brownie recipes, but these are very good. Nice and moist, healthier than regular brownies, but still chocolaty and sweet.


veganstudent said...

Try the vegan brownie recipe by pollen on recipezaar, it is one of the best that I have tried so far. All of the others just taste like chocolate cake.

Michelle said...

i used apple sauce instead of prunes... pretty yummy.. very moist!