- 1/2 cup chickpea aquafaba
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (optional, see note below*)
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp instant tapioca
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Put the aquafaba in a stand mixer fitted with a ballon whisk. Whisk on med-hi until frothy, then slowly stream in the sugar with mixer running. Whisk on high until peaks form (somewhere between soft and stiff peaks). Don't worry if the sugar has not completely dissolved.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk the cornstarch (if using) into 1 cup of the almond milk. Whisk in the rest of the almond milk. Add the tapioca, coconut milk, and turmeric.
3. Heat the almond milk mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbling. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool for a few minutes.
4. Fold in the aquafaba mixture until incorporated.
5. Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until fully cooled.
* the pudding will set in the fridge without the cornstarch, but it will be looser. With the cornstarch you can eat the pudding warm or at room temperature if that is your thing.